Day 98: Quebec City, QC to Plessisville, QC - Two Far 2017 - Florida to the Canadian Maritimes - CycleBlaze

August 3, 2017

Day 98: Quebec City, QC to Plessisville, QC

We left Quebec City this morning after a final very good breakfast at our hotel. As we were loading the bike, we got into a conversation with a couple traveling in a big van with Florida plates and bikes on the back. They recently moved from Philadelphia to Dunedin and are spending the summer traveling. We had a good talk with them and hope that they will come up and ride the Withlacoochee Trail with us in the fall.

Once we found our way to the bike path, we had an easy ride out of the city along the river and across an old bridge into Levis.

This is a divided highway for bikes - one lane each way on opposite sides of the tracks
Heart 0 Comment 0
A view of the bridge we'll be going across
Heart 0 Comment 0
This was a very old bridge - I think the plaque said 1903
Heart 0 Comment 0
The sign on the bridge said to walk bikes across. WE saw many people riding, but passing a bike coming the other way absolutely required dismounting and careful passing. We walked all the way across.
Heart 0 Comment 0

The headwind wasn't bad today and it was a comfortable ride most of the day. Once we rode just a few miles from Levis, we out in the country riding through farms and fields. There were both pig farms and dairy farms, so it was another day of farm aromas.

We passed a lot of pretty farms today
Heart 0 Comment 0
Quiet country roads today
Heart 0 Comment 0

We took our time and took advantage of the frequent rest stops available today. We stopped for lunch in the little village of Lyster and lucked into one of the best meals of our trip at Le Jaseur. They had four course lunches for $10-$15 that were just delicious. Kerry had a barbequed chicken breast and I had baked fish and we both had French onion soup, salad, potato, vegetable and dessert (no chocolate and I still liked it!) We haven't talked much about restaurants on the blog, but this was such a perfect lunch we had to mention it. We had excellent service, delicious food and a quiet peaceful ambiance. It was a meal we'll remember. And, after Quebec City prices, all that and a beer for $31 was pretty amazing!

The wonderful Le Jaseur Restaurant
Heart 0 Comment 0

We're in the town of Plessisville tonight. There is rain in the forecast for tomorrow and Saturday, so we're going to rearrange a little to try and stay dry. We may wait until morning to decide whether to ride or stay put.

Today's ride: 60 miles (97 km)
Total: 3,995 miles (6,429 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0