Day 2: Ride to Remember - Two Far 2017 - Florida to the Canadian Maritimes - CycleBlaze

April 29, 2017

Day 2: Ride to Remember

Today we stayed in Gainesville and participated in the Ride to Remember. It’s a group ride which benefits an Alzheimer’s day care facility. We have done the southern 50 miles of this ride a few times before and always enjoyed it. The people who organize it do an excellent job. The SAG stops have good food and drinks. This is one reason Kerry really likes this event!

Why Kerry really likes this event :)
Heart 0 Comment 0

We started in Gainesville and did a 55 mile loop. It wasn’t quite as scenic as the southern loops, but we did pass one impressive horse farm. The grounds and buildings were beautiful. We looked it up when we got back and found it is the Besilu Farm, home of world champion Paso Fino horses.

One of several entrance gates
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

We saw this little family as we were riding along.

A pair of sandhill cranes with young chick
Heart 0 Comment 0

At the last SAG stop, we met the sponsor of the ride, Dr. Cott and some of the volunteers. Thank you all for all the work you put in to make this a great event.

Carolyn, Nancy, Dr. Cott. Thanks for a great ride!
Heart 0 Comment 0

We ended the ride back at the First Magnitude brewery where we had a very good Greek lunch. The caterer turned out to be a fellow tandem rider from Micanopy.

Excellent Greek food at end of ride
Heart 0 Comment 0

Tomorrow we leave Gainesville and head north on US 301 to Baldwin, FL.

Today's ride: 58 miles (93 km)
Total: 129 miles (208 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0