Day 12 Leesburg - A Little Two Far - CycleBlaze

March 7, 2019

Day 12 Leesburg

Heart 0 Comment 0

This was the longest day of our trip at 70 miles.  The weather was beautiful and we had a good ride, but all of us were very tired by the end of the day.  None of us took any pictures, so this will be a text only recap of the day.

 We knew it would be a long day, so we decided to start at 9AM (that's early for us:)).  Much of the route was very busy.  We didn't have any close encounters, but the vehicles were loud and constant on many of the roads.

Our lunch stop was at a local restaurant in the little town of Astor.  The food was good, but they were having staffing issues and it took us two hours to get our food and eat.  It wasn't a good day to have such a delay.  We were thinking about how late it would be when we got to Leesburg and trying not to get too impatient.  

It was 5:30 when we got into our rooms, which was not really that late.  We had a good dinner, played some competitive gin rummy and are ready to sleep well and be ready for our final two days.  Both days are under 5o miles so we'll have time to take pictures and write more interesting journal entries!

Today's ride: 70 miles (113 km)
Total: 161 miles (259 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0