In Bonasolla - The Tuscan sun when it's in our faces really shows ...... - CycleBlaze

June 5, 2023

In Bonasolla

Breakfast was served on a fourth floor deck overlooking the beach front!  The hotel has a great 180 degree view of the entire bay and we enjoyed our leisurely meal there. Today was forecasted to be a bit rainy but the weather looksed fine now. Staying at the Hotel Delle Rose for a second night came with one minor hitch. We had to move rooms - just down the hall in the morning. After breakfast we packed our bags, tidied our room and left the hotel to a walk out to a small church at the end of a point. 

Our view from the breakfast deck at Hotel Delle Rose. The front road is almost completely dedicated to pedestrians and cyclists (except for the parking lot) as it links two old railway tunnels. The small chapel on the point is just barely visible.
Heart 2 Comment 0
A nice view of the entire town of Bonasolla. The path along the water stops near the bottom of the picture. We would like to own the white house above the path.
Heart 3 Comment 0
A close up of the small town.
Heart 3 Comment 0
We walked this nice road to the point. It dead ends at the church so there were no cars on it.
Heart 2 Comment 0
The very pretty Chapel of Madonnina della Punta in Bonassola.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Perched on the rocks on the Ligurian coast.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Inside view looking toward Bonasolla.
Heart 2 Comment 0
The sea has lovely colours.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Someone put together a few steps that lead down the cliff to the water's edge. But you do need to be sure footed! Interesting erosion feature beside the stairs.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Casting his line. The harness he is wearing holds a camera. I guess just in case he catches a big one! And it looks like that could happen here.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Going no where fast today.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Main street / piazza in Bonasolla. It is a quiet town at the moment.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Colourful fruit and vegetable store.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Local art.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Castello di Bonassola was originally built for defensive purposes. The hills rise sharply behind the town. It looks like a real nice ride that will get done on our next visit.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Our lunch spot.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Our lunch: grilled vegetables with calamari with shrimp. You can taste the freshness.
Heart 3 Comment 0

After lunch we cycled to the Levanto train station to buy tickets for the 10:40 train tomorrow to Milan. It was a short ride and nice to get that detail completed so that we have no issues with our travel. Then it was back to the beach for a late afternoon swim. 

White flag out. All is safe. Lifeguarding here is sometimes a lonely job.
Heart 0 Comment 0
All alone. I love to swim here but the water is very salty. It is easy to stay afloat but it really stings your eyes.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Where our day began, it is now finishing up.
Heart 2 Comment 0

We really enjoyed our lazy day and last ¨non travel¨ day of our trip. And we really loved Bonasolla, so much so that we will try to return for a longer stay next time. Tomorrow we return to Milan, pack up the bikes and prepare for our flight back home.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Brad SharpWow, what a great Italian holiday ! Spectacular views and cool little towns everyday and the rolling hills didn't seem that hard. I'd never been to Tuscany until now so thanks for taking me along. Time to come home to the forest fires.
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Rachael AndersonWhat a wonderful place!
Reply to this comment
10 months ago