Last Day in Burbank - Promise me Fun and Sun! - CycleBlaze

March 1, 2020

Last Day in Burbank

Riding along the "Bench"

I'm officially on Medicare today! I have health insurance! Hope I won't ever need it but it's nice to know it's there just in case! 

So we are riding a shorter route today because we have to do laundry, packing and some relaxing. Emma, Charlie and Carol have started south today from Washington State. Paul and Diane are in California heading toward Carlsbad. Susie and Dennis are flying down and I'm not sure if they come today or tomorrow!

Our fearless leader, Chris is already in Scottsdale. Can't wait to see him. He has been gone most of the winter so he will be in the best shape of all of us. 

Some of the river trail was closed due to the rain we had last night! We found a portion to ride on for a few miles.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Ted says we are going to ride along the bench today! Turns out this is a steady climb into the hills along Mountain Road!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Here we go!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Beautiful home along the way
Heart 0 Comment 0
Doesn't even feel like a city here. Very quiet on a Sunday morning.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Oops! Crooked picture of the Brand Library
Heart 0 Comment 0
Entrance to the library
Heart 0 Comment 0
Home that was moved five miles into the park. They just call it Doctor's house and have viewings.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The tea house.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Extensive landscaping!
Heart 0 Comment 0
We stopped at Costco for lunch and I ran in to get Blueberries. Costco in Burbank is an experience in itself. Wow! We'll never save this planet at this rate. Tons of good looking stuff for sale. Time to load up the bikes and get ready to head east in the morning.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 21 miles (34 km)
Total: 598 miles (962 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Jeanna & Kerry SmithI have been happily on Medicare for a little over a year now. It sure takes the sting out of that big birthday number to have the security of decent health insurance.
Enjoy your trip. We're leaving on April 5 to ride to Bellingham and back. I'll have my journal up soon.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Janet Anspach-RickeyHi Jeanna and Kerry!
I'll be looking for your journal. We will watch while you close in on our neck of the woods! Kerry, the new brake pads are working great! Thanks for your help with that.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago