Day 81 Ipswich MA - 2 Biking Hobos - CycleBlaze

September 6, 2023

Day 81 Ipswich MA

We are still at friends and having a good time. Jean and I took a walk down to Marty and Nancy’s as I haven’t seen them yet. Marty had done an 87k race with Al in Cape Breton Canada. We were able to visit for a bit as Nancy and Marty are still working. After chatting for awhile Jean and I headed back to her place as she has a broken toe and can’t walk far. We then hung out and finally I decided to take a shower. Jim and Hubs went to get new brakes for his bike. We all were back at the Barry’s for lunch and the guys took off after lunch to REI to get Hub’s a new tire for his back wheel. They could not find the right tire at any of the bike shops around. Jean and I stopped at our friend Debbie’s as I needed to borrow sneakers so I could walk with her and Cynthia tomorrow morning. Debbie’s sneaks were a bit small so she lended me some sandals I could walk in. After dinner we all met at the brewery in Newburyport as it was Girls Jam night. A friend of Jean and Debbie’s was down from Vermont so we got to see Hoxie at the brewery. Her and her husband are having a house built in Kennebunk Maine which hopefully tomorrow afternoon we will be able to go up and see. It was hot today and I guess for the next few days it will be this way and then start to cool down. Tomorrow will be our final full day with our friends.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 4
Phil/Ann DettwilerThe time spent with friends sounds terrific!! We have cooler, fall-like temps today so hope you get them soon.

Enjoy this last day!! A&P
Reply to this comment
7 months ago
Lois AlexanderTo Phil/Ann DettwilerToday will be the hottest day here and then the temps will start to drop. We leave tomorrow and hopefully the hurricane stays out to sea and doesn’t hit land.
Reply to this comment
7 months ago
Phil/Ann DettwilerTo Phil/Ann DettwilerWe will keep you guys close in thought as you begin the journey tomorrow…..and certainly will watch the hurricane path. Don’t take any chances … be smart … like the Eagle!
Ann & Phil
Reply to this comment
7 months ago
Phil/Ann DettwilerJust terrific pictures! Love them!
Hoping today was a good day! Back in the saddle. See, there’s another song you guys can sing as you pedal along…
😉
A&P
Reply to this comment
7 months ago