Day 77 Windham NH to Ipswich MA - 2 Biking Hobos - CycleBlaze

September 2, 2023

Day 77 Windham NH to Ipswich MA

It was 46° when we got up this morning. We got to spend a couple of hours with Sharon and Dennis before we headed out. We always have the best time with them. We laugh so much. We really wish we planned better so we could have stayed longer. I am just so glad that Sharon is so excited to be on our  bike tour. Of course we had to have pictures and we can’t forget to have one with the Gary salute. We had to have our hugs and say goodbye before we left. We would be riding into our 11th state today. It was a beautiful day to ride. We knew we would have a lot of traffic but we did have some good shoulder area. It’s funny as we were riding on route 97 in Massachusetts and had to stop for a traffic light, we were right near where our daughter used to live and it seemed weird not to turn toward her house. Further down the road we had another stop light and a woman in the car next to us gave us the thumbs up and told us we were doing a great thing. When we were going down a hill in Haverhill a woman yelled out to me, “will you adopt me, will you adopt me. It’s so Awsome. I love it”. She made me smile. When we got toGeorgetown we stopped for lunch.

Our great friends, Sharon & Dennis. We have been friends for 48 years. Where did the time go
Heart 1 Comment 0
Look at them wishing they could do a bike tour with us. 🥰
Heart 0 Comment 0
Pat Matthews, taking our picture and we didn’t know it till we saw it on Facebook
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our group at True North Brewery.
Heart 0 Comment 0

. We were at a light in Ipswich when a biker went by and Hubs recognized him. It was Mikey G. Hubs called out and he came back to chat. I heard something from a car behind us but actually thought it was someone Mikey G knew as he went over to talk to them. It turns out it was Pat Matthews and she took our picture and posted it on Facebook. That’s how I found out about it. After that we finally made it to Jim & Jean’s in Ipswich at around 1:30. Peter and Pam were coming down from Vermont to visit also. Debbie & Scott stopped by and we all planned to go to the brewery for drinks and dinner. While at the brewery we ran into our friend Moe. We haven’t seen him in years so it was good to catch up. We will be taking the next few days off from biking which will be nice and hoping to get to see more friends while in the area. 

Today's ride: 36 miles (58 km)
Total: 381 miles (613 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Phil/Ann DettwilerA few days off: magnificent.
Soak up friend time. Live, you guys!
❤️
A&P
Reply to this comment
7 months ago