Day 59 Clare MI to Kochville Township MI - 2 Biking Hobos - CycleBlaze

August 15, 2023

Day 59 Clare MI to Kochville Township MI

Yup, all bundled in the rain gear
Heart 1 Comment 0
Riding the awesome bike trail
Heart 1 Comment 0
Coming to the little tunnel
Heart 1 Comment 0
We came upon wild turkeys
Heart 2 Comment 0
This is the bike route and trail
Heart 0 Comment 0
Hubs having fun taking pictures
Heart 2 Comment 0
Still pedaling
Heart 1 Comment 0
A farm along the way
Heart 1 Comment 0
Saturn on the trail
Heart 0 Comment 0
Map of the trail
Heart 0 Comment 0
Neptune on the trail
Heart 0 Comment 0
Bridge we rode over
Heart 1 Comment 0
Trail name and date
Heart 0 Comment 0
Some art work under the bridge
Heart 0 Comment 0
More artwork
Heart 1 Comment 0
Loved the building
Heart 0 Comment 0
Awesome bridge
Heart 1 Comment 0
This is Bonnie & Dan our hosts who have ridden their bikes in other countries
Heart 0 Comment 0

It was 61° when we got up this morning and was raining. It had rained all night but the weather showed it would stop between 7 & 8 am. As the time went on they changed it and now the rain was going to continue through 9:00. At around 8 am we decided to put on the rain gear and head out as we had over 50+ miles to ride. We went a few miles and then got on this beautiful bike trail. Hubs became the photographer as he was using the selfie stick and having a great time.  As we were riding I noticed something that looked like a sculpture and it was the planet Saturn. I don’t know how many more miles we went when we saw another and it was Neptune. I thought maybe we would see all the planets but they were the only two. The rain stopped and we eventually took off the rain gear. As we were rolling along we noticed a biker coming in the other direction with his finger up (No Ann, not that finger!) He stopped us and we chatted about our trip and he said he was going to Poland for a 5 week bike trip by himself. His name is John and he also is a warm showers host in Midland MI. We were riding through Midland but would not be staying there. We eventually had to put our rain gear back on even though they said the sun would be coming out in the afternoon. When we got to Midland, it looked like a town we would have loved to poke around in but seeing we left later this morning we didn’t have the time. As we were leaving Midland so was our bike trail and we had to get on the roads. The traffic was busy and when we finally had about 10 miles to go the roads and shoulders (if there was one) were horrible. It was so nice to arrive at our destination. We met Dan & Bonnie and all their 11 dogs. Bonnie  had one dog that won best in show 2 years in a row. They also have a lot of different bicycles. They even have one with the bucket in the front. Hubs was brave enough to try it out and was having a great time for himself. Dan made home made pizza that was delicious. It was Bonnie’s home made sauce that did the trick. Tomorrow we head to North Branch MI. 

Today's ride: 55 miles (89 km)
Total: 1,233 miles (1,984 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Debbie ColeThat bike trail looked awesome. Just so much to see along the way. Love the planet stations.
Reply to this comment
8 months ago