Day 57 Gaylord MI to Roscommon MI - 2 Biking Hobos - CycleBlaze

August 13, 2023

Day 57 Gaylord MI to Roscommon MI

Matt, our warm showers host did take us to see the elk. He did not disappoint. This morning he had stopped and picked up donuts. It turns out they were maple bacon donuts. Hubs tried one and liked it. I just had a bagel. When we went out to put our bags on the bikes we noticed it was misting out. We decided to wear our rain jackets and once we got around the corner it was really heavy misting so we put on our rain pants. We have to admit that we have been lucky with the weather. As we came into Grayling MI we noticed an airport and a helicopter coming in for a landing. As we rode we noticed it was an army air base. We went between great shoulders and no shoulders. We stopped at a bakery for a snack and I got a blueberry scone and Hubs got a chocolate muffin. I have never tasted a scone like this. The blueberries were burnt. How does that happen?we had 4 climbs today. We made the first 2 but the last 2 were killers. 

Heart 0 Comment 0
Another elk
Heart 2 Comment 0
This was so interesting to watch. There were more elk and babies down on the right and there were even some albino ones
Heart 3 Comment 0
This is the baconator donut. Hubs enjoyed it though
Heart 1 Comment 2
DOUGLAS HEINSMaybe not…
Reply to this comment
8 months ago
Lois AlexanderHahaha.Try it, you might like it!
Reply to this comment
8 months ago
Army base we rode by
Heart 0 Comment 0
Again with the hills!!,
Heart 0 Comment 0
How did Hubs forget the “eagle”?
Heart 2 Comment 0

 We did stop at a store and bought sandwiches that we were going to eat for lunch but we happened to go by and outdoors shop that had a food truck so we got tacos instead. It’s a good thing as the place we are staying at tonight only has a pizza shop. We went in to get dinner but this was not a typical pizza shop. They didn’t have anything we would want so we left and ate our sandwiches instead. The weather tomorrow is saying we may get showers but let’s hope no as we have about 60 miles to ride. Tomorrow we head to Clare MI. 

Today's ride: 51 miles (82 km)
Total: 1,338 miles (2,153 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Phil/Ann DettwilerIt’s exhausting to read your last few days’ excerpts…have so much admiration for your continued energy…and then biking in rain suits??! The bacon donut made us gag. 🤣 Really, Gary, no Eagle in sight near that smiley face???! Come on!
Hoping tomorrow is NOT raining, that ice cream shops are everywhere, and that IPA’s are free!!
Look for the big Eagle though!! It’s everywhere.
Ann/Phil
Reply to this comment
8 months ago