Day 51Escabana MI to Manistique MI - 2 Biking Hobos - CycleBlaze

August 7, 2023

Day 51Escabana MI to Manistique MI

It was 54° this morning. We were also surprised that it was still dark when we were first going to leave. We wanted an early start as we knew we had almost 60 miles to ride. We stopped for breakfast and finally got on the road @ 7:00. We followed the bike route 10 on route 2 East again today. Hubs is not a fan as even though the shoulders are great the traffic is not. The weather stayed over cast for most of the day and I was in double jackets until after 10:00. We thought we would be riding along Lake Michigan and we did for awhile, but then our route took us away from the lake. As we were riding we noticed an old steam engine and we needed to get a picture for our friend Eddie. I noticed a bulletin board advertising a knife shop and when we came upon it we stopped in. Was even able to get a picture of Hubs and the Ram that sits in front of the shop. In we went and boy did they have all kinds of knives. Hubs couldn’t resist and bought himself one. When we came out there was guy checking out our bikes. His name is Bill and he was shocked to hear where we rode from and where we are going. Off we went and it was getting to be a busy boring ride so Hubs took a turn and stopped to check the maps. We decided we would stay on this side road but all it did was add a couple of miles and brought us back to route 2. We decided to sit at the end of the road and have our sandwiches. Across the street we watched a guy mow the grass and he gave us the thumbs up when he was done. He drove the mower into his garage and Hubs noticed they had an eagle in the front yard so he wanted his picture taken with it so he could give Ann the “Eagle” as she said we would be riding all along the Lake Michigan. H sorry Ann) 😜. We finally were glad when we got to the motel. Tomorrow we head to Naubinway MI. 

An old steam engine
Heart 2 Comment 1
Edward GriecoWhat a beauty , it gives me chills, 🚦🚂🚃🚃🚃🚃
Reply to this comment
8 months ago
Hubs wanted his picture taken with the ram but forgot his finger
Heart 2 Comment 0
This is Bill who was interested in our bikes and our trip
Heart 1 Comment 0
Ann, this is for you. Hopefully Hubs did you proud even though we didn’t see much of the lake 😜
Heart 5 Comment 1
DOUGLAS HEINSI love ❤️ 🦅 🦅
Reply to this comment
8 months ago

Today's ride: 60 miles (97 km)
Total: 1,581 miles (2,544 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Phil/Ann DettwilerOh lord....you made me laugh outlaid! I LOVE the two (!) Eagles: five times more powerful, you know!! And poop! I thought you would be riding along the lake.....hopefully tomorrow you will see more of it and be able to dip your toes in it to refresh yourselves. We just love reading about your journey -- every day we feel for you....your butts must be strong like concrete by this time. And you deserve to see that lake!!
Reply to this comment
8 months ago