Day 22 Glacier Meadows to Browning MT - 2 Biking Hobos - CycleBlaze

July 9, 2023

Day 22 Glacier Meadows to Browning MT

This Janice the campground host
Heart 1 Comment 0
Mountain view
Heart 1 Comment 1
Edward GriecoYou ain’t climbing that dude!😂
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Another view
Heart 0 Comment 1
Edward GriecoHope your going down hill, 🚴‍♀️🚴🏾
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Another view
Heart 0 Comment 0
The train was finally higher than we were
Heart 1 Comment 2
Edward GriecoNow your talking my language , 🚂🚃🚃
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Lois AlexanderTo Edward GriecoYes, I am but they don’t seem to want us 😢
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Another view.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Happy I made it
Heart 4 Comment 1
Edward GriecoYou made it ,
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Another view
Heart 2 Comment 0
Yay we made it
Heart 6 Comment 0
This is Jake from Germany who stopped so he could take our picture
Heart 0 Comment 0
This is my French Toast. I guess it is the European kind
Heart 2 Comment 0
Getting pictures of the Rockies behind us
Heart 2 Comment 0
More Rockies
Heart 1 Comment 0
More of the girls
Heart 3 Comment 0
Awww
Heart 5 Comment 0
Thought the bikes looked great with the mountains in the background
Heart 4 Comment 2
Edward GriecoLeave them there hop on the next train ,
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Lois AlexanderBelieve me, it is tempt
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
My first water tower
Heart 1 Comment 0

By the time we packed up camp we started a bit later than usual. We stopped at registration to get our water bottles out of the freezer and say goodbye to Janice. I was able to get her picture but not her husband John as he was out and about in the campground.  It was a bit chilly so we doubled up on jackets and headed off. We knew we had a gradual uphill until we had the 5 mile climb 6% grade. We both were doing great but my quads for the last day or so were not happy so I did have to push a bit before the top. When we got to the top we were at the Continental Divide with a 5216 foot elevation. Hubs was trying to set the phone up so we could take a picture with the sign reading the right way. I walked over to the sign so he could adjust the placement of the phone. An SUV was going past and stopped. The guy got out of the vehicle and started walking our way. Hubs asked him if he would take our picture and he said, that is why I stopped. He had an accent so I asked where he was from and he said Germany. His name is Jake and he took our picture so we took his. I had to take more mountain pictures as today was our last day pedaling the Rockies. It will be nice not to have steep climbs but that doesn’t mean it will be easy as there will be lots of long inclines that can be just as tough. We decided to have lunch in East Glacier N’tl Park and had to bike on the road to the sun to get to it. So now we can say we pedaled the road to the sun without doing the whole thing😊. When we got to the Whistle Stop and went in, the waiter said they only had breakfast. I noticed he had an accent also. When we got seated the couple at the next table started talking to us and asking about our trip. When they got their food, Hubs told them to eat. We both decided on the French toast and when our waiter came over I said I would like mine without powder sugar and hold the whip cream. He repeated it and he also had an accent. Well all the waiters are from different countries in Europe and are here for the summer. When our food came it was not what I expected. It looked like a fried apple fritter and mine had powdered sugar and whip cream. I figured I would just eat it. The couple next to us were leaving and asked our names and visa versa. They are Patty and Damon. When we asked our waiter for the check he said the other couple actually paid our bill. How nice was that? We couldn’t believe it. Off we went and luckily we had a nice wide shoulder all the way. I don’t know  why but I thought Browning would be a big town. I was wrong. It is on an Indian Reservation and not clean at all. We arrived at our motel around 1:45 and we were told that check in is at 4 pm. We tried to ask that if a room is ready before that could we have it. She was not budging on check in time. Hubs tried looking for another place as this one did not look great but there is nothing else but the Casino and hotel which was way more money. So off to the casino we went to see if we could get a bite to eat and waste 2 hours. Hubs played 10.00 in the 25 cent machine and I played 1.00 in the 2 cent machine. Hubs went up and down and eventually lost and so did I. There was a small restaurant so we had something to eat there. We still got back to the motel early and had 1/2 hour to wait till 4pm. We went in about 10 after 4 but there wasn’t any one in the office. We finally had to ask someone to help us. We finally got a room. Sorry to say it is horrible. Our first bad room. It’s funny as they are non smoking rooms but the people cleaning them were sitting outside smoking and chatting more than cleaning. We our thankful we will only be here one night. Tomorrow we head to Cut Bank MT. 

Today's ride: 32 miles (51 km)
Total: 2,827 miles (4,550 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Jack AlexCut Bank was where we had the bear paws print on our windshield when we woke up. In the morning
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Debbie ColeFingers crossed that is your only bad room.
Reply to this comment
9 months ago