Day 9 - Valence-en-Agen to Montauban, then drive to Limoux - Tour des Deux Vallees - Tandem Tour - September 2019 - CycleBlaze

October 2, 2019

Day 9 - Valence-en-Agen to Montauban, then drive to Limoux

Heart 0 Comment 0

The last day of riding!

At this point in the ride, rain was threatening and we were both ready to be done. We had the standard French breakfast in the chateau, with the cheerful manager still wearing the same t-shirt, then took off with a moist tailwind. Some grumpiness was detected on the back of the bike.

We sailed along with the tailwind, passing many walkers who seemed to be on the St Jacques de Compostelle walk. Lots of serious faces! They are the only people on the canal who don't greet each other. Maybe they're too busy doing pilgrim things...

The canal was beautiful, though, as it always is.

A lovely old canal boat in action
Heart 0 Comment 0

We stopped at Moissac to get some munchies and to check out the famous Abbey.

Abbaye de St Pierre in Moissac
Heart 1 Comment 0

The weather was looking ugly - rain was clearly on the way. And we had a strong tailwind. So we decided to time-trial back to the car in Montauban. Somewhere in the middle of the time trial, it started raining. But we were so anxious to be finished, we just kept riding.

We finally rode up to the car park and walked the bike down to the car. We were done!

Another tour complete!
Heart 2 Comment 0

After packing the bike up, we had a sandwich in Montauban for lunch and headed home. We were home by 3:30PM.

Today's ride: 48 km (30 miles)
Total: 419 km (260 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0