Fukura - The fifth step ... The length of Japan. - CycleBlaze

September 11, 2018

Fukura

We woke up to a beautifully sunny day.  A few clouds but lots of blue sky.  Immedietly we felt more positive.

The objective for today's ride was to get us southwards towards Niigata where we hope to catch a ferry to cut our a bit on Honshu.  In that respect it was a great success. 

One of the things we saw a few of today were DIY rice polishing station for people to de-husk and polish their home-grown rice.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

We started off on the 107 westwards out of Yokote before turning southwards down the 46 once we hit the coast. At some point we were tossed  back onto route 7.  Up until then the traffic had been pretty light but route 7 was inevitably busy.  However, the nice weather and a tailwind that had developed as the afternoon went on kept our spirits up and we made good progess.  About ten kilometers before Fukura we turned off the route 7 onto a quiet road along the coast and arrived in Fukura at about four o'clock. 

Heart 0 Comment 0

There wasn't anything particularly interesting or exciting to see along the way until we spotted what I assume to be a Reeve's Munjac feeding along side the route seven just before we turned off it.

Heart 0 Comment 0

The campsite at Fukura is in a pine forest with an onsen and restaurant within a few hundred meters.  What more could one ask for ?

Today's ride: 98 km (61 miles)
Total: 1,776 km (1,103 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Teisuke SugawaraSunny day after a longtime!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago