"We're waitin." - Sig, The Straight Story - Following the Straight Path - CycleBlaze

May 17, 2010

"We're waitin." - Sig, The Straight Story

I was up at 4:20am. It was raining. And it was expected to continue all day. After that, the forecast was dry and pleasant the rest of the week. Thinking also that I really could use one more day for packing, I sent out an email announcing my one-day delay.

Subject: Day 0 - a 5:00am decision
Sent: Monday, 5-17-2010, 5:33 AM
I'm waiting until tomorrow!
Jeff

[Information below from the Central Illinois Weather Forecast Office of the National Weather Service.]

rain all day!
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today: Scattered showers before 7am, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm between 7am and 1pm, then showers likely after 1pm. High near 59. East northeast wind between 10 and 13 mph, with gusts as high as 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

Tuesday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 67. North northeast wind between 8 and 14 mph.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 72. East wind between 6 and 10 mph.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 75.

Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 76.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 77.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 80.

I made good use of this day re-checking routes and waypoints, gathering up items to take along, and re-checking the bike. Once again, however, I went to bed leaving work for the morning.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0