Day -54: Our own lockdown, and an S24O - Blessed Chaos - CycleBlaze

March 17, 2020

Day -54: Our own lockdown, and an S24O

The roads are quiet

Parts arrived from Tandems East, and quirks with the big bicycles mean they're still in pieces on the garage floor, tempting me while I work remotely. I'll need some help from a parts place or bike shop, but for now we're laying low. But it's hard—even the cargo bikes are in lockdown.

With the roads so empty, though, it's a good time to get out—out and away. I did a sort of sub-24-hour (S24O) tour in the woods of Indiana last night.

I wish you could hear the frogs. Sorry for the slant. (But not sorry enough to Photoshop it out.)
Heart 0 Comment 0
Brown County SP is brown...but the world is just about to wake up as Spring advances.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Meanwhile, I'm glad more people here in the U.S. are taking Coronavirus seriously. That should slow it down. And if we can get caught up on testing, we should be able to move towards the case-tracking and isolation stage, and start bringing the infection rate back down.

“All countries should be able to test all suspected cases, they cannot fight this pandemic blindfolded.”~WHO Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Reuters.

If we're lucky, we'll be past the inflection point on the logistic curve before our planned date in May. And if things are looking good, we may be sheltering in place—one remote place at a time. And we'll probably be journaling any stores we have to stop at for food—any possible exposure. Just in case.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0