Quebec City to St Foy, Quebec - The Andersons at one - CycleBlaze

July 5, 1989

Quebec City to St Foy, Quebec

(Rachael) After getting very little sleep on the train we arrived in Levis.  When I tried to say something to Scott, I found that my voice was almost completely gone.  It was about 5 AM when we arrived so we waited around until 6 when the first ferry could take us to Quebec City.  When we arrived there, the streets were almost empty so we biked around looking for a place to eat breakfast.  It wasn't easy but we finally found one.  The breakfast was not impressive.

We then headed back to the ferry depot and stashed our belongings in a locker and went off in search of the visitor's bureau.  It was at the top of a steep hill, and it was amazing to see how easy it was to climb up without our gear on the bikes.  We locked them up against a tree in a park and walked around waiting for the bureau to open.  When it did, we found a B&B in Sainte Foy, about five miles to the west.  We then found a park and rested awhile since we were both tired and not feeling well.  We then walked around the city looking for cough syrup and food.  Scott also found a book he really wanted during our wandering (Bruce Chatwin's Songlines).

I was delighted to see I still have this book on our shelf; and it gave me a small thrill to open it up and find a bookmark inside, in French.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We had lunch at a crepery and got to sit at the counter watching them being prepared.  The crepes were very good and it was fun watching.  Afterwards we went to another shop and got some croissants for dessert.  By this time we were both tired again so we sat in a park for awhile, waiting for what looked like would be a concert to begin.  When nothing happened we decided to get our gear and head off to the B&B.

Quebec City, from the Levis ferry
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 7 miles (11 km)
Total: 1,006 miles (1,619 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0