PPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS - Across the US on Steel and Titanium - CycleBlaze

July 10, 2023

PPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Hilly day but short hills of 3-4 percent. And at 2000 feet elevation I find my breathing is much better. The hills here are called the Sandhills and they look like larger versions on the sand ripples you see at the beach when the tide is going out. I’m sure they were made the same way. Lots of cattle and hay. Good shoulder. 

I was going to camp at the park in White River but I arrived at 1130 and really didn’t want to spend all day sitting there. The park was nice though. Vault toilets and water with lots of grass and shade. There were at least 15 or so spots for RVs and plenty of grass for tents. The town however is in poor shape. 
I continued on hoping to find a place or reach the casino/ motel at the Nebraska border. I am in the Rosebud reservation. 
after 54 mikes of riding in 99 degree heat I called it a day. 
I am in an undisclosed location hiding out in a shed in back of a Baptist church. A school employee named Calvin directed me hear when I asked about a camping spot. He said the preacher would not turn me away. Only a neighbor informed me the preacher is out of town. I tried calling him on the number provided by Google but got no response. 
There are RV sites here with water and electric and plenty of places for a tent. But the shed was open and empty but for some paint cans and a ladder. So I am taking advantage. I left a note for the preacher with my calling card attached. 

The pppsssssssssss?  That was my front tire going flat while I was just sitting here waiting for the sun to go down minding my own business. Fixed it. 

Not many pics……and will need to wait due to poor cell serve. 

Auto Museum
Heart 1 Comment 0
Church
Heart 1 Comment 0
Landmark Motel
Heart 1 Comment 0
Native American Veterans Cemetery
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Shed home
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 54 miles (87 km)
Total: 1,744 miles (2,807 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0