Bleckede - The Bartletts Bike the Baltics - CycleBlaze

June 19, 2019 to June 20, 2019

Bleckede

Gastehaus Christa was a lucky find for us in Bleckede. Many of the places were fully booked and we were happy to take the apartment available here. In fact, we like it so much we have stayed for two nights. It feels good after being on the road for over 2 months, to have a living space to ourselves. We plan to read, rest, watch more of the downloaded Swedish Netflix series The Bridge, sightsee and just settle in. Bleckede is a pretty town in the Elbtal region with a Biosphere reserve along the River. 

A nice cargo bike at the Apoteke.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Barry has developed some serious welts on his chest, perhaps an allergy from some bites. We visited this Apoteke which has been in existence since 1735 in this spot. As usual, the Apoteke came up with solutions for us.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Uh oh, Barry’s glasses finally broke We had tried to get his glasses straightened in Lubeck at an Optical shop, but the woman warned Barry that they were on borrowed time.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This wonderful woman found the only frame in her shop that fit Barry’s lenses and she changed the frame in under an hour. No charge for labour. We are so appreciative as Barry would have trouble functioning without his prescription glasses,
Heart 1 Comment 0
A home in the middle of the shopping area of Bleckede.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Alstadt Bleckede. We like that this is a working town with much historic charm, but not developed specifically to attract tourists. Certainly there are tourists here, but the functionality of this town serves its residents.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Bikes can transport whatever you like. Who needs a car?
Heart 1 Comment 0
Barry is very happy to have glasses that are in one piece. It is an unexpected bonus that he likes the frame.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Ice cream is a wonderful way to celebrate and so we went to Mancini Eis Cafe and Mary Ellen enjoyed fresh strawberries and Barry hazelnuts.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Well, it is time to get back to our Gastehaus and make some dinner. Tomorrow we resume our journey south along the Elbe. Life is good.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0