A Wild Windy Day - Ascaping Covid and Winter in Arizona - CycleBlaze

December 28, 2020

A Wild Windy Day

I was woken up last night to the wind blowing so hard that the trailer was rocking! The strong

More views of the park and my favorite cactus!
Heart 0 Comment 0
The mountains to the east of us are very rugged looking.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We put up a hummingbird feeder at our site and promptly attracted this Black-chinned hummer.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Tonight's sunset treated us to these pretty clouds.
Heart 1 Comment 0

gusts had blown over our cactus, and nearly pulled up our outdoor rug and dance floor despite there being jugs of water weighting down the corners. 

We turned on the news and so that the wind was predicted to last all day with 20-30 mph gusts. It would not have been good to bike so we decided to run some errands.

The first thing we did was stop in a bike shop for some new tubes and CO2 cartridges. Then it was over to ACE Hardware for more propane and Walmart for groceries. You'd think that's all we do, shop for groceries several times a week. But we have a very small frig/freezer so we can't really stock up on large quantities of anything like we would do at home.

It was very quiet in Walmart with more employees than shoppers. Most everyone was wearing a mask but the check-out clerk made me chuckle with her crocheted face covering! Does she really think it's protecting her? Maybe it's easier to breathe though than our KN 95 masks. But it was weird.

By the time we got back to camp it was time for lunch. The rest of the afternoon was spent inside the trailer reading. Later on the wind died down enough that we were able to get out on the dance floor. 

Rain is predicted tonight and tomorrow only in the 50's but with much less wind.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0