Day 66: Eastern Route Achieved! - Seattle to Maine - CycleBlaze

August 21, 2023

Day 66: Eastern Route Achieved!

Naples, ME to Thomaston, ME

Oh, my goodness!!! Monday’s ride was pretty, pretty hilly, and a pretty major accomplishment.  We decided to combine two days into one for two reasons: one, they were too short; two, we wanted to get to Mike’s mom’s house in Thomaston, ME. Well, we made it, but our route turned out to be around 100 ish miles and a lot of short, steep hill climbing.  It felt like one of the hardest days. I think we may have climb over 5,000 feet, easily. The traffic wasn’t too bad most of the time as we were on some very scenic backroads, occasional busy roads, and some of Highway 1.  We also had a detour due to a closed road, but that wasn’t too bad of a reroute. Oh, yeah, it did rain on us, too; it wasn’t supposed to rain until Friday…!!!

Anyway, we arrived around 5:30 pm, had a wonderful homemade dinner, visited with Joanne, and went to bed pretty early.  We were tired. 

We will head west back to Vt before our journey is fully complete, and then off to our final adventure: figuring out flights home and what we are doing with our bikes. But for today, we are going to enjoy the rare clear, sunny skies of coastal Maine.  

Team Bean

Bath Ironworks
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 101 miles (163 km)
Total: 4,297 miles (6,915 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0