Day 47: Headwind Kind of Day - Seattle to Maine - CycleBlaze

August 2, 2023

Day 47: Headwind Kind of Day

Tawas Point SP to Bay City SP

Today was a headwind-sidewind-French fry kind of day. We had winds all day, but at least the riding and scenery were enjoyable. We were on Highway 23 South for a couple of hours and then deviated to country back roads with little traffic. 

Before our Bay City campground, we went to the Mussel Beach Drive-in for a burger, salad and French fries; sadly, there was no room for ice cream. 

The campground is typical of what we had over the past few days. All state park campgrounds have had amazing day use areas with swimming, so we swam in Lake Huron’s Saginaw Bay. It was not as crystal clear as the other beaches and it had a muddy bottom, so not my fave. However, the other amenities for beach goers are pretty nice: splash area, a really cool playground, and lots of pavilions. 

I really have park envy. I need to work on a free community park for Coloma…


We did not take pictures today, but we did play three games of Cribbage! And, the best part of the day was the evening when we were enchanted by fireflies! We haven’t seen them since we were kids. So special!

Good night,


Team Bean

Stats

  1. Cribbage Game Wins: Mike 11, Dawn 8
  2. Tortillas Eaten: Mike 122, Dawn 48
  3. Jars of Peanut Butter: 5
  4. Flats: Dawn 2, Mike 1
  5. Bike Haters: 4 (We had our first one in Montana yesterday.) None in North Dakota that we know of. 
  6. Bags of  Salad Consumed: 18
  7. Dog Encounters: 2
  8. Beers, too many to count
  9. Bags of M&M’s: 5 of various sizes
  10. Fritos: 8 of various sizes 
  11.  Bear Encounters

Today's ride: 73 miles (117 km)
Total: 3,114 miles (5,011 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0