Home to Bend (August 27, 2023) - Cycling Scandinavia - CycleBlaze

August 27, 2023

Home to Bend (August 27, 2023)

Our travels home went more or less as expected. We had a long flight to SFO with a projected two hour layover. The good news was that I was able to do my global entry interview in San Francisco during the layover. That is a chore that had been hanging around for almost a year so it was good to get it done. The bad news on the trip was that our flight to Bend was delayed about two hours due to a mechanical problem, so we didn’t get home until about 8 pm. In the scheme of airline drama that was nothing but we were tired and sticky when we got home. All was well with our small house - no golf balls through the window unlike last year but we do have a pretty good crop of weeds to deal with.  The hard part is that the smoke from nearby wildfires has rolled in again and we are now cooped up until the wind changes directions or the fires get under control. The air quality is appalling. This is an increasingly challenging issue in our neck of the world.

We have already got the idea for next year’s trip worked out so I will be turning my attention to that soon! I’m planning to do one more entry on this trip though so stay tuned.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Rachael AndersonI look forward to hearing about your next trip!
Reply to this comment
8 months ago