Train to Munich - Riding the Romantic Road - CycleBlaze

May 30, 2018

Train to Munich

What? A Day 5 on a four-day tour? Today is the day we return to Munich. Hot weather has been predicted and we also have things to attend to at home. Donauwörth provides good train connections, no changing of trains. It seems like a good place to interupt our journey along the Romantic Road, and it will be a good place to resume the ride at a later date.

We're not in a rush in the morning. We take our time, don't bother to look at the train schedule since there are frequent trains, take a few more pictures before we leave and then get on our bikes and head for the train station.

I play with my camera in the hotel room before we leave.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Hotel room still life
Heart 2 Comment 0
Plenty of room on the train for our bikes, although we boarded with only one minute to spare.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Our train leaves at 9:20 - just made it!
Heart 2 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltWow, that's definitely cutting it close!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago

And that was it for now. We hope to find time this summer for the rest of the Romantic Road before too many tourists are out and about. Stay tuned!

Today's ride: 6 km (4 miles)
Total: 200 km (124 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Scott AndersonThanks for taking us along, Suzanne. We biked part of the romantic road about 25 years ago, on our way from Prague to Paris. We took it much too fast, in retrospect. I’ll have Rachael look at this too - she’s been asking for the last few days why we always end up with such hard tours. Good question!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Karen PoretTo Scott AndersonThank you for your post..I am reading this five years past your date. So much has changed in our world since then, but travel on bikes are a forever treasure!
Reply to this comment
9 months ago