Little Doctors from Seattle and Montreal - Rise Again! Fall/Winter 2019 - CycleBlaze

August 25, 2018

Little Doctors from Seattle and Montreal

Our usual plan in the Summer is to launch two bike trips - one with the grandkids Avi and Violet who live in Seattle and one with Amelia, Evee, and Joe from Montreal. We had these planned, but now - not.

All five still came to see the invalid, and to help her watch Gunsmoke, etc. To be honest, they probably enjoyed that as much as being being dragged up and down trails!  I still tried to step in, taking Avi and Violet on my own on a variety of local trail day trips. It was sort of ok, but truthfully - even after 50 years - it is just no fun without Dodie. I think Violet, particularly, felt this too, because with Grandpa you go faster and get less (or no) sympathy.

Evee is not all that impressed by Bonanza
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Cowichan River Trail nearby is good for day rides.
Heart 1 Comment 0
But Grandpa does not call a lot of rest periods.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Good to make it home and go into the pool.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Important to make food to keep Grandma going.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Even the Montreal kids had to endure biking around before being allowed to return to our hot tub, and Dodie's sofa!

There was still some biking on offer.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We can keep Grandma entertained with music!
Heart 2 Comment 1
Ron SuchanekThat's got to be much better than Bonanza!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Heart 2 Comment 0
Keep those pizzas coming!
Heart 2 Comment 0

Too soon, though, the kids had to go, leaving Dodie counting the days to August 20.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0