Day 4: Ugg - Ride And Seek - CycleBlaze

June 13, 2014

Day 4: Ugg

They say that day 3, or 4, is usually the roughest day of a bike trip. The initial excitement is over and the legs and body start to say, "what the hell is going on here? I though you said we were going on vacation....?!" And so on, until they finally figure out they have been had, and start to rebel. Today was no different.

Part of it could have been that we didnt have too much for breakfast, or that I didnt sleep all that well, or the hot dry cross-headwind, or the never ending up grades, but whatever, it was a rough day.

We stopped in Ness City for a proper breakfast, which helped, and then moved on, slowly, hop-scotching the 20 mile distance from one town to the next until we made it to Deighton. We were so trashed we decided to get a hotel, which is a good thing because there was a humungous storm(!) that blew out the power all over. The high school bleachers ended up on main street and a tornado touched down in Tribune, our planned destination for tomorrow.

Other than that, Leo is feeling a bit downcast that we have not yet met any eastbound riders. Maybe tomorrow?

Heart 1 Comment 0
What the?! For a minute I thought we were being attacked by indians!
Heart 0 Comment 0
In Ness City. Hmmm?
Heart 0 Comment 0
About halfway through we stopped at the only place we could find with shade, a local cemetery, where we collapsed in the shade for a little while...
Heart 0 Comment 0
...makes you wonder what stories are hidden here.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 58 miles (93 km)
Total: 331 miles (533 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0