Day 30: Wah Wah to Baker - Ride And Seek - CycleBlaze

July 8, 2014

Day 30: Wah Wah to Baker

This morning was beautiful. We woke up to no winds and beautiful skies, and after a breakfast of coffee and various other odds and ends we were off. We didnt have far to ride. Splitting the 80 plus miles in to two sections was a good move. So it was a fairly easy day.

We arrived in Baker around noon, and thats when we met Jacob who was riding east. Jacob was a cool guy and we ended up having lunch and dinner with him.

Other than that it was a pretty ordinary day. We camped at an RV park and recovered from a fairly hard couple of days--a nap, journal updates, pool at the local bar with Jacob (we each won a game if you are keeping track). We also drank liquid. Lots of liquid. We are feeling a little depleted in that department.

Im sorry I dont have anything more exciting but sometimes bike tours are just like that.

Tomorrow we head off to the meat of Nevada. Up and down, up and down...

Wish us luck.

It was time to leave our campsite. Dont forget to lock the gate.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Goodbye house with the tree. Thanks for the water.
Heart 0 Comment 0
It sure was a pretty morning.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
...eventually we made it to Nevada. Another state for Leo.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Nevada was just like Utah in this neck of the woods
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 43 miles (69 km)
Total: 1,729 miles (2,783 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0