Day 15: What day is today? - Ride And Seek - CycleBlaze

June 23, 2014

Day 15: What day is today?

Well, I am to that inevitable point in a bike trip where I have lost track of all reason, or more accurately, I have lost track of what day it is. Sometimes when i get to this point I wonder what it would have been like to be a prehistoric person, or even an animal, who just goes on living each day as though it were just another day, not without a "feeling" like Monday, or Friday, or Saturday have. Each day is just a day and what happens during that day has nothing to do with what is supPOSED to happen, just because it happens to be Friday, or Monday, or Sunday...

But anyway, we rode from Pagosa Springs to Bayfield, Colorado. We had planned to push on to Durango but we stopped in the Baytown Library, which was great, and in fact voted the best small town library in Colorado. Leo loves our Libraries, by the way. "It is one of the things America does very well," he says. "Happy, helpful librarians just waiting around waiting to lend you books."

So anyway, we checked out the local RV park for camping and we found it fabulous. It had a great camping area, green grass (so Leo doesn't moan about setting up his tent on gravel)' great showers, and flowers everywhere.

"This is the best campsite I have been in in America," Leo told the owner. I had to agree.

So, we decided to stay put and enjoy the grass, flowers, and showers.

Tomorrow is Durango, and then on to Dolores to stay with some friends of Leo and Steph. I am looking forward to a day off!

Until then...

Today's ride: 58 miles (93 km)
Total: 1,002 miles (1,613 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0