to the Nice airport - On the Rhone Again.... - CycleBlaze

October 20, 2023

to the Nice airport

We kept looking at our various weather apps, and sticking our head out the window looking for a period of "less" rain. Today was going to be rainy, but the ride was short (about 7 km) and mostly along the water - so flat. Shouldn't be too bad.

We started out and actually, it was a lot of fun to see the waves crashing in as we rode.

Skies open up
Heart 3 Comment 0

We did stop repeatedly to take photos, and actually enjoyed the ride immensely.

the angry ocean
Heart 6 Comment 0

Although the photos are up against that railing at the left, we were biking along this path you see below. It went almost the entire way to our airport hotel. The police actually kicked us off the trail beside the sea for  bit, and put up police tape. I guess they thought the spray might be dangerous. We thought this a bit over the top, and after a short distance along the road parallel, we snuck back on. We felt very French!

off to the airport!
Heart 1 Comment 0

And we arrived! Now time to get the bikes taken apart, stuck into boxes, and await the flight tomorrow morning. Not too far to push the carts with boxes. Just have to find carts....

Today's ride: 7 km (4 miles)
Total: 798 km (496 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0