Quiet rainy day in Colmar - Two Months of Rhine - CycleBlaze

June 24, 2022

Quiet rainy day in Colmar

A quiet day today, as the skies and forecasts agree: cloudy, humid and rainy all day. Before I leave the topic of last night's dinner, a quick pic on the way home.

it had rained heavily while we were pampered
Heart 3 Comment 2
runchun he雨中科尔马,真美!那明天是不是高温天气就过去了
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Patrick Parnoyes, it is cooling slightly. beautiful day to ride!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago

We decided not to ride today, as we have a longish (72 km), hottish (29 C) ride tomorrow. In walking about the "real town", not the old town, we happened upon a military parade honouring....not sure. But lots of men in uniforms with chests full of medals saluting each other and a brass band to march to.

the parade
Heart 2 Comment 0

We then walked around the so-called Little Venice part of town, which certainly does have its charm.

the boaters were plying their trade again
Heart 6 Comment 2
runchun he科尔马,天堂落入人间。
Reply to this comment
1 year ago

Then we we happy to find an indoor collection of food pavilions and small restaurants where we had salads and Tarte Flambe, which is really pizza to a Frenchman. It's like they don't want to salute the Italian invention. It was slightly different but....still good.

we found an indoor market for lunch
Heart 3 Comment 2
Susan SagertMust have been a great gift to find this place!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Patrick Parnoan inexpensive lunch to balance out our dinner the previous night!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago

It'll be an early start tomorrow trying to beat the heat.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 9
Comment on this entry Comment 0