La Charite to Decize. - Retyrement On 2 Wheels 1 - CycleBlaze

July 5, 2016

La Charite to Decize.

Wildlife on the canal and John from Illinois with his campground rating.

July 5 Tuesday 82kms

La Charite to Decize.

Wildlife on the canal and John from Illinois with his campground rating.

Easy 80 km ride with a stop at Nevers where we successfully find a cycle repairman in Rene Libre. Helpful young man is able to re-spoke immediately.

Back on the canal, we are  distracted by  various creatures. Michael spots the floating turtle. Had it outgrown its captive life and been released? Another otter or water rat is seen crossing the canal, and butterflies and dragonflies are hovering. Like garden ornaments, heron and egrets are seen on the bank.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

Pleasure boats glide past as we finish the last of the baguette, saucisson and figs. Glad to find an Intermarche as we head for the camping ground, where we score a table.

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

We talk to John from Illinois, who shares his French camping classification system with us. 4 Ts is a winner: Toilet paper, Toilet seats, Tables, Trees. Decize is a 2 T camp! Our tent site is quite close to the water and water activities of various kinds, but particularly rowing and kayaking are being enjoyed.

 

Today's ride: 82 km (51 miles)
Total: 1,123 km (697 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0