Decize to Digoin - Retyrement On 2 Wheels 1 - CycleBlaze

July 6, 2016

Decize to Digoin

We score free croissants, fail with 3 and find campground heaven.

July 6 Wednesday 80km

Decize to Digoin 

We score free croissants, fail with 3 and find campground heaven.

After yesterday’s big day, we are slow to break camp. Michael goes to office to pay, and returns with croissants. (The office person’s sister is working  in Queenstown.) Of course a coffee is in order and M gets brewing. We then decide to make use of Internet to contact Three -the SIM provider from UK. The end of the tedious live ” chat” session – why can we not speak to someone?? -is that to buy a top up voucher online, we need to have a visa/debit card with a UK address. Sacre Bleu!!  

Had advice that the D road from Digoin to Diou will save a few hills, so set off on that, without too much traffic. Passed fields of gold and green. Find a sweet spot at a campground in Gannay Sur Loire, and stretch out there under a tree. We join the canal again at Diou, more shade now, thank goodness. We thought we might stop at Pierrfitte, but Digoin is only 19 km away, so onwards. I start putting that in Auckland context, wondering where  I might ride. But the canal path makes it simple.

Seeing some large barges on the river now.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Entering Digoin.
Heart 1 Comment 0


Digoin is also entered on canal bridge, water over water. Camping found, there is a pool and restaurant!!

Pool rules. You have been warned!
Heart 0 Comment 0

 Tent up, swim, shower and the plat du jour ( lamb and salad) comes with a plate of frites each. Easily demolished. The chilled Rose is refreshing and we sleep well this night.

 

Today's ride: 69 km (43 miles)
Total: 1,192 km (740 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0