Going West - Retyrement On 2 Wheels 1 - CycleBlaze

June 7, 2016

Going West

Train to Leamington Spa

June 7 Tuesday     
Newtown station at 8:00am exudes an air of quiet expectation as, having stashed our bikes at Rock Mill, we await the Shrewsbury, Birmingham train for Leamington Spa.

Traveling by UK rail  is a relaxing experience but sitting backwards to the designated direction can be quite discombobulating and it’s almost impossible to read the station signs. After  farewelling Chester bound Dominic at Shrewsbury, we make the connection to Birmingham and Leamington Spa. The midlands towns are awash with greenery  and at their prettiest- you feel that the ghost of the bard is lurking out there somewhere too.

The Cricketer. W. G. Grace’s local.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Judy meets us off the train and after dropping our bags and enjoying a wonderful lunch, we set off on a trek to Offchurch – more specifically The Stag and its shady garden, offering relief from the intensity of the English summer. The return walk takes the canal route  with several longboats in view with ‘crew’ desporting themselves in the glare of the sun.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

The small but perfectly formed terrace enshrouded with a variety of greenery at the back of the house is the ideal spot to complete the activities of the day with a fortifying red.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0