Day 92 Drake Passage again - Racpat South America 1999-2000 - CycleBlaze

January 22, 2000

Day 92 Drake Passage again

Today is just routine centering around food. Most people on board have taken seasickness medication. We are in open sea and not much to look for and we are nervous about two storms in the Drake Passage. So far it hasn't been as rough.

We get a wake up call at 7:30am. Breakfast is at 8am. Our cabin is just down a hallway on the same level as the dining room. We are happy to have been lower to the water as the rocking of the ship isn't as wide as those who have cabins on upper levels.

Breakfast is buffet style with assortments of fruit, some variety of egg options, sausage or bacon, oatmeal, a selection of cold cereals, toast, boiled eggs, yogurt and juices.

Lunch is served at 12:30, sit down family style, a one dish pasta and a dessert. Tea is served at 4pm with pastry, tea and coffee. 

Dinner is at 8pm and more elaborate. Starting with soup and our selection for the entree from 4 options, we chose at lunchtime: a meat like lamb, steak, a fish like halibut, trout or sole, a vegetarian dish and a heart healthy dish.

The lounge has hot water for tea, coffee and soup mixes 24 hours a day. Cups and spoons provided. The ship has an open bridge policy but not many took advantage of that during crossing the Drake Passage.

Going back was easier but still difficult to walk around sometimes.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
In the lounge and the bartender
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0