Day 152 Rest Day in Potosi - Racpat South America 1999-2000 - CycleBlaze

March 22, 2000

Day 152 Rest Day in Potosi

Rest day.  

Breakfast of ham omelet, rolls, juice & coffee, then we wandered around town.  Checked e-mail at the internet café and had lunch of saltenas.  The rain started pouring, we waited awhile, then went next door for apple strudel, brownie and café con Leche for $10 Bolivianos ($1.50).  

The saltenas are like the Argentina empandas, but sweeter crust and juicier insides.  We used all the quarter squares of napkins.  Patrick booked a mine tour.  Rachel doesn’t want to go, it just doesn't seem right. for her.  Like when she was in Australia, she didn't feel that it was right for her to climb Ayer's Rock. That there is a tourist industry surrounding the bad conditions of the cooperative mines and the cocoa leaf culture.  So, she chooses not to go.  

But it is right for Patrick to go.  We do a book exchange at the Koala Tour company and return to the Hostal to relax under the sleeping bag and read and write journal.  We hear about and later see the snow on the mountain.  It’s cold.  Walking is difficult at this altitude, the highest city in the world at 3977 meters.

Later we go for Chinese food again.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0