Day 123 Asuncion: hot and muggy again - Racpat South America 1999-2000 - CycleBlaze

February 22, 2000

Day 123 Asuncion: hot and muggy again

We have cornflakes for breakfast and an early start. After a few hills the road turns and drops down. We see Lago Ypacarai but don't see the American run restaurant/pi place that is supposed to be here.

The road crosses through several small towns. Each time the shoulder disappears because here, for some reason the houses are not set back the 50 meters from the street as before.

As it happens, we have to share the road with car traffic. Just like in Argentina, and many places, people seem to think they own the road as soon as they have four wheels.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Patrick is still not feeling well, a fever and a cold and is not dealing well with the traffic. On top of that it is hot and muggy, another situation that Patrick doesn't deal well. We stop at a carpenters place where several people are producing pretty nice doors and window. On a little further we stop for some fruit juice and cookies.

The last 10 kms into Ascension are all very developed, lots of busses and fumes. We get to the center at about noon and find a place recommended in LP...it's a dump. The next hotel we check is better, we get a nice room overlooking Plaza Uruguyana for 60000 Guyanies about $18 U with AC and TV, but no cable. Patrick just wants to lay on the bed and enjoy the AC.

Later we go to a Chinese Restaurant for a late lunch.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 57 km (35 miles)
Total: 4,103 km (2,548 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0