Day 103: Restday Kirchzarten - Racpat Morocco to Holland 2023 - CycleBlaze

May 29, 2023

Day 103: Restday Kirchzarten

So much good German food

Even though we are still full from last night’s huge dinner we start the morning with more food. Maren’s mom brought fresh, still warm bread on her way home from another nightshift at the hospital. The weather is nice and we eat all together on the table in the garden. After breakfast we say goodbye to Maren’s aunt and her partner. Rachel again thanks them for including her in the conversations by speaking English.

Everyone in the kitchen getting breakfast ready
Heart 3 Comment 0
Looking through their collection of maps for research on the final two weeks route to Holland
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0

The rest of our morning is spent working on photos and updating our journal. It takes a lot of effort to stay up to date and once you get behind like we did it is hard to catch back up. All it takes to get behind is a couple of days without WiFi.

The whole family except for Chris is vegetarian so we picked-up some sausages on our way into town yesterday from the Buhl-lo-mat  (vending machine) . Chris cooks them up for a lunch together with leftovers from last night’s dinner.

Later we take a walk with Maren to the village where we meet up with Chris after his bike ride for ice cream.  We also meet Maren’s sister just leaving her job after making 88 cartons of ice cream. Then we go to a Bier Garden and enjoy an afternoon beer.

 

Walking to Freiburg through field of flowers. People pick and then pay
Heart 5 Comment 0
Chris and Maren, and Maren's sister
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

For dinner, Maren fixes another vegetarian German dish, Chris fixes the rest of the sausages. The four of us sit out on the balcony and enjoy the evening together.

Chris picked up a collection of local beers
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 0