Winds out of the southeast! - Heading South For a Promise of A Warmer Winter - CycleBlaze

July 31, 2019

Winds out of the southeast!

Presho to Murdo

Another day on the plains, watching storms in the distance, rolling along singing 'Home on the Range' to myself. No cowboys or Buffalo yet.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Lots of hay fields.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Just amazing scenery
Heart 0 Comment 0
We wonder if this train track is still used. We haven't seen any trains yet.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We passed by two little towns with nothing to stop into. Draper and Vivian. We just stopped along our very quiet road to take in all the beauty.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Everywhere we look.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Tired today so grateful for the partial tailwind and a short day. We climbed 1200 feet. Lovely day.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Our room at the Iverson Inn in Murdo. Little town with lots of hotels. Everything is booked for the next two weeks for Sturgis Motorcycle Rally
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 35 miles (56 km)
Total: 10,529 miles (16,945 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Nancy WrightWhenever we went on the route you took today, we had ferocious headwinds, so it would make sense that you had something like a tailwind. I think there have not been trains on those tracks for quite awhile. We never saw any trains. Tomorrow's ride will be similar to today's. If you need a rest area before reaching Kadoka there is one on the right along the frontage road heading west. It is a rest area for the interstate, but there was always a hole in the fence to access it from the frontage road. Also, you could take a break at the "1880 town." It is near Belvedere and you have to go under the highway to the right to reach it. It's just past the interstate. The Badlands are coming!
Nancy
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Janet Anspach-RickeyTo Nancy WrightHi Nancy!
I see what you are talking about on the map! Thanks for the tips. We ride into Mountain time tomorrow so we gain an hour which will help with an early wake up on Friday to have lots of time in the Badlands! We are having such a great time. So glad you were there to tell us about this way to go! Hope you two are getting some riding in.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago