The 'M' - Heading South For a Promise of A Warmer Winter - CycleBlaze

August 27, 2019

The 'M'

Ovando to Missoula

Tom slept in the teepee last night. Must have been cool in there. Temps were in the 30s when we woke up! Tom is riding the Continental Divide. He and his buddy started in Jasper.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The guys are meeting for coffee in the store this morning.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We are off to Missoula. What a beautiful day!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Amazing riding through the hills again today.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lots of rocky uprights
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
We are back in the evergreens!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Going down!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Pretty creek where we stopped for a snack!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sign on the bridge we crossed to get to our snack rock where we sat and rested.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Blackfoot River
Heart 0 Comment 0
More downhill!
Heart 0 Comment 0
We just topped a climb and we are heading down again
Heart 0 Comment 0
New path just outside of Missoula. These guys were putting up the signage.
Heart 0 Comment 0

The 'M' refers to the big white M in the hillside behind the University. Stephen and I hiked up to it a couple of times and we always look for it when we come into town. Traffic was hectic so I didn't get a picture of it today but will try in the morning!

Riley!
Heart 0 Comment 0
We are staying with a warmshowers that hosts hundreds of cyclists each year right in the University District. He is out of town so Patrick was here to tell us where to go and what to do. Patrick was on his bike for a couple of years and last summer stayed here and decided to make it home so he lives in a bedroom upstairs and helps people get settled.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Nice looking staircase
Heart 0 Comment 0
This is where we sleep tonight! We have full use of the house with kitchen, shower and laundry so we will get everything washed up before we head for Lolo tomorrow.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Mittens
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 55 miles (89 km)
Total: 11,534 miles (18,562 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0