Short and Sweet - Heading South For a Promise of A Warmer Winter - CycleBlaze

October 14, 2018

Short and Sweet

Richardson RV Park to Leggitt

We had such a nice stay at Richardson Grove RV park last night. We had so much stuff to microwave, they took pity on us and put us up in a cabin they save for pastors coming through. It had microwave, frig, hot plate and toaster, bed space for all four of us, bathroom and  a deck for the bikes. Temps started out in the 30s and rose into the 80s by afternoon. It was a great day. We climbed over 1600 feet in 19 miles. 

Heart 1 Comment 0

We rode along 271 which was rolling and quiet. Then we had to get on 101 which had a shoulder coming and going but cars were aatient and it worked out fine. 

Heart 1 Comment 0

We stopped at The Peg house Restaurant across from Standish Hickey and I recognised it from when we came hrough three years ago!

Heart 2 Comment 0

We sat for an hour and ate a snack.

Heart 0 Comment 0

At the Leggitt Market we stopped and picked up salad and burritos for dinner.

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0

We didn't tour the Treehouse but Emma fell in love with a kitty there and Sheri found a postcard.

Heart 0 Comment 0

we rode on up to the Stonegate Villas which is a very sweet place! We stayed here on our way up the coast.. There's a nice grassy area to sit and read or pet the kitties. 

Heart 1 Comment 0
Tigger
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

Tina and Mike have been here 27 years and now have the place up for sale as they want to retire. They are very sweet people. 

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

This is a cat house! Tina says the cats sleep here, expecially in the winter. 

Today's ride: 19 miles (31 km)
Total: 850 miles (1,368 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Don AnspachTigger reminds me of Arby!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Janet Anspach-RickeyShe reminded me of Arby too!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago