Rest Day - Heading South For a Promise of A Warmer Winter - CycleBlaze

January 29, 2019

Rest Day

None of us thought to take pictures today! We got up slowly, did our laundry, had breakfast. Then Emma and I went into gear reserving places to stay for the next week. I talked to a warmshower host in Seacrest and he said most of the cyclists are going up through Blountstown and Tallahasse due to the damage of Hurricane Michael and all the rebuilding still going on from Panama City to Port St Joe. We weren't having any luck finding places so we went to Plan B and I remapped routes to go north from Seacrest up through Bloutstown. We have all rooms and cabins booked since we may have some rain and cold this week. 

Emma and I rode up to the Publix Grocery and we stocked up on breakfast stuff and brought home lunch. I finished up the mapping and booking and we downloaded our maps so we are all set for the next week! There was one place completely booked but he said to call on Friday in case he has cancellations. 

We took Deborah out to dinner at the Crazy Cajun tonight. Ray is still trying to get home from work in Aspen, CO. He got to Dallas but had to wait for a flight to Pensacola so we won't see him until morning. We didn't find out he was delayed until after we made all the reservations or we would have waited another day. 

Sweet dreams to y'all.

Today's ride: 5 miles (8 km)
Total: 4,295 miles (6,912 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0