Loving Louisiana - Heading South For a Promise of A Warmer Winter - CycleBlaze

January 11, 2019

Loving Louisiana

Deridder to Mamou

We were up and ready to ride by 8:30 this morning. Decided we would try to ride to Mamou. My right shoulder, upper back has been giving me grief since the pit dog dumped me but after a night's rest it was feeling a bit better. The road behind the hotel was quiet and it was how we came in yesterday but there was a little creek to cross so we thought we would try a different way to get to it. 

I rode right into a soft muddy wet area in the yard and got stuck! It wrenched my shoulder girdle good so I was sore the rest of today. Emma and Step had to help again with reaching and bending and lifting my bags. Recovery from a trauma can be a bit traumatic!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Such a pretty day today. A southeast wind and wouldn't you know - we went southeast today! Emma and I got behind Stephen most of the day. He is our pacer when we need to get er done!
Heart 1 Comment 0
We got to Oberlin right at noon and stopped at THe Crawfish Shack for lunch. Surf and Turf Po Boys.
Heart 1 Comment 0
That's our server ducking back into the restaurant. She was so sweet.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Delicious!
Heart 2 Comment 1
We charged the batteries while we ate just to be sure we had plenty of juice.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
We rode through pine forests.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Pit stop
Heart 1 Comment 0
We rode by lots of rice paddies.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
The ride fields were in all dfiferent stages of growth.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Now we are the Hotel Cazan just down the street from the famous Fred's Lounge. Every Saturday the music starts at 9:30 am and live bands play until 2pm! We may be staying here tomorrow, at least for a few hours so Em can listen to music.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 63 miles (101 km)
Total: 3,766 miles (6,061 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0