Last night in Mississippi - Heading South For a Promise of A Warmer Winter - CycleBlaze

January 26, 2019

Last night in Mississippi

Gulfport to Pascagoula

Made our way back down to the Gulf from our very nice Quality Inn in Gulfport!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rode along the Gulf all morning.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Bulloxi, MS
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Had sidewalk or boardwalk all along the beach!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Ate lunch in Ocean Springs at Aunt Jenny's Catfish Creole. It was just okay. Emma and I split the catfish creole. Step has fried catfish.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Beautiful view
Heart 0 Comment 0
We left the Gulf and used Don Weinell's route through beautiful quiet back roads from Ocean Springs until we merged back to 90 just before the bridge over to Pascagoula.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We rode up to a locked gate to a park. I saw another entrance on the map so we circled around to that gate and it was also locked up. It said only pedestrians and bicycles so we thought maybe it was to keep cars out. There was a way through for bikes without bags so we took all our bags off and rolled the bikes through and loaded them back up again. A couple came walking through and said it was closed because of the government being closed! They said skidaddle through before the Ranger saw us because he would kick us out. We rode through and didn't see anyone. Very pretty park. We didn't stop to take pictures. 

Heart 0 Comment 0

We are at the Super 8 tonight in Pascagoula by the Walmart. Great price. They are shifting from being the Singing Inn and are in the middle of the transition. 

Today's ride: 47 miles (76 km)
Total: 4,198 miles (6,756 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0