Headwinds and 17 - Heading South For a Promise of A Warmer Winter - CycleBlaze

April 10, 2019

Headwinds and 17

Wilmington to Sneads Ferry

Riding out of Wilmington was a mix of bike paths and 2 lane roads full of traffic but amazing how these southeast drivers just go with the flow and give us our space. 

We rode through this beautiful park
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
The couple behind Stephen stopped and talked with us. Wondered how we found this path!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Such a pretty place I had to stop and take a picture.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Stephen stopped to adjust something and I was right next to this blooming azalea.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We finally got off 17 after 30+ miles and we stopped at a Harris Tweeter (Krogers) for coffee and some left over pizza!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Then we rode over the intracoastal waterway onto Topsail Beach. The wind was blowing to beat the band.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Sure is pretty though.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Every town we ride through is recovering from Hurricane damage from Hugo to Matthew to Michale to Florence, etc. Lots of building going on along Topsail Beach. We couldn't see the Atlantic through the homes and sand dunes!
Heart 1 Comment 0
At the north end we crossed over the Intracoastal again on our way to our Quality Inn Hotel
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
The hotel is still rebuilding after the last hurricane here but the room is nice and the internet is fast. I called and found out they don't have the usual breakfast so we came prepared with both dinner and breakfast compliments of Harris Tweeter.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 46 miles (74 km)
Total: 6,558 miles (10,554 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0