Custer's Last Stand - Heading South For a Promise of A Warmer Winter - CycleBlaze

August 14, 2019

Custer's Last Stand

Wyola to Hardin

Daybreak!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Coffee on our little porch
Heart 2 Comment 0
Darrell was cooking coffee over a fire this morning. We had to have some and it was very good!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Brekfast at the cookhouse
Heart 1 Comment 0
Busy in the kitchen with breakfast!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Yummy breakfast
Heart 1 Comment 0
Pancakes with choke cherry syrup, scrambled eggs with lots in them!, ham, juice, canteloupe and fresh cherries. I was so full I could hardle pedal the first ten miles.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Goodbye gorgeous
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
We followed the Lilttle Big Horn River down 451
Heart 1 Comment 0
we mostly went downhill and the road was quiet. Road trucks were going by up to Lodge Grass and then it was just pick ups once in a while. The big trucks crossed all the way to the other side of the road to pass us and waited if someone was coming the other way which happened twice!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Another pretty day. It's nice and cool in the morning - it's supposed to get up to 90 this afternoon.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We were clicking along on this very nice road.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The Battlefield is National so we got in for free with our passes. Stephen really was looking forward to it.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We climbed up toward the Memorial and you could see for miles
Heart 1 Comment 0
We met Leonard who is from Santa Cruz and rides with Bart who was our warmshower host in Santa Cruz! We had a fun talk with Leonard.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The memorial
Heart 1 Comment 0
We were reading the boards that depict what happened on the fateful day that Custer and all his men were killed.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Stephen listened to Tom who gave a great lecture on what was happening at the Battlefield and what was going on politically in Washington. I was listening too and keeping an eye on the bikes. People kept asking the UQ and Tom came by after  his talk and wanted to know all about it. He sold everything too and is wondering what to do. I should have taken his picture. 

We rode the last 15 mlles to Hardin, the grocery and our Rodeway for tonight. The fair is in town so rates have doubled.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 54 miles (87 km)
Total: 11,063 miles (17,804 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0