Austin, BBQ, lots of hills! - Heading South For a Promise of A Warmer Winter - CycleBlaze

December 23, 2018

Austin, BBQ, lots of hills!

Julia's to Austin

It was cool when we woke up but the full moon was so wonderful all night, I didn't mind the cold. I just put a few layers on and packed up the tent. Julia came out to say breakfast was at 8! She cooked!
Heart 1 Comment 0
I was making us coffee when she stopped by to let me know about breakfast!
Heart 2 Comment 0
I can see her cabin through the trees.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Julia, Hugh and Jay! Hugh and Jay cycled from Boston to here and they are headed for LA. I loaned them our maps to help them get across West Texas.
Heart 2 Comment 0
And we are off to Austin this morning.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Lots of hills to climb today.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Such a pretty river. I had to stop and take a shot.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Stephen stopped too and he is such a better photographer than I am!
Heart 1 Comment 0
I tried to get Emy just as she was splashing through the water across the road but the camera took too long to click! She had water everywhere.
Heart 0 Comment 0
She stopped to get a picture of this armadillo statue!
Heart 1 Comment 0
On top of the world
Heart 1 Comment 0
We stopped to take some layers off and happened to look behind us and this guy was lounging in the sun.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Very artsy gate
Heart 2 Comment 0
Stopped at the first place we passed for BBQ! Here we met Candace and Leah, two precious moms who were interested in our trip and I shared the link for our journal and got a picture. The youngsters are Rosie, Hannah, and Gisele. Cherraleigh is here and the fellows are Sean and Gilbert. Very sweet family!
Heart 1 Comment 0
This place must rock in the summer!
Heart 2 Comment 0
Our route to our warmshowers/AirBnB goes off road!
Heart 1 Comment 0
A great ride today but we are beat! We will spend four nights here to get some much needed rest! There are some things we do want to explore here in Austin though. Stay tuned!
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 47 miles (76 km)
Total: 3,294 miles (5,301 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0