Another Fun Day Riding With The Wind - Heading South For a Promise of A Warmer Winter - CycleBlaze

December 14, 2018

Another Fun Day Riding With The Wind

Langtry to Del Rio

Jerry is doing a good job with the little Langtry Motel and we had a nice sleep last night. He gave us full use of the store so I was up around 6:15 making our decaf coffee. Jerry already had a pot of regular coffee going. Emma found her tire was flat this morning so we took it off and found when she was trying to get the tire off by herself, she put a hole in the rim tape and the tube had worked on it through the night and pushed itself through the depression where the nipples sit and gone flat. We patched it up and put a boot (dollar bill) over the depression and said a little prayer that she make it to Del Rio! 

We made breakfast in the store and then loaded up and headed out. Jerry was already up beside the store playing with rocks. He has several different rock movers and he said he had nine trucks coming for rocks today!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lots of canyons today.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Beautiful country
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
The wind blew us along, up and down rolling hills.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Who lives out here???
Heart 1 Comment 0
These shieep were all bunched up and started to run with us as we rode by.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Lunch was at J and P Grill in Comstock
Heart 1 Comment 0
We met Percy and Charlie from London. They rode from London to Lisbon, then flew to Miami and they are riding to Los Angeles. There they will fly to South America and ride to Argentina. They are just out of high School and will attend University when they return home. They are riding against this NW wind that has been carrying us east.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Amistad Recreaation Area.
Heart 2 Comment 0
I stopped to get a quick shot on the bridge. We are just 10 miles from Del Rio!
Heart 2 Comment 0

In Del Rio, we grabbed our room at Whispering Palms, then headed for the bike shop. Tom retaped Emma's wheel and sold us all tubes. He didn't have patch kits so we will pick some up in Ausin. We stopped at the grocery and then headed back to the room. We were all in and unpacking when Emma's tire went flat! We took off the tire and it looked like a pinch flat! She called the bike shop while Step and I replaced the tube. She rode back over and he gave her a tube and she bought two more! Another exciting day!

Today's ride: 62 miles (100 km)
Total: 2,989 miles (4,810 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0