Mirmande - Poking Around Europe 6.0 - CycleBlaze

May 18, 2019

Mirmande

Mirmande and Cliousclat on Foot

An amazing day in an amazing part of the world. Today’s blog will be about the pictures because we ate, walked, ate, walked to another village, drank wine, and are planning to eat and drink some more. That pretty much sums up a brilliant day. Sunshine too, for most of the day.  We could see the rain around us but we were in our own sunny bubble. By the afternoon temperatures were in the mid twenties. Now we are relaxing in our beautiful room awaiting a special dinner. 

Beautiful Mirmande. We love it.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Bruno on the bags at La Maison Jules Goux. Fantastic spot to stay.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Our new digs. Complete with Michelin star restaurant so what can we do? We have to go for it.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The building is fantastic and I love the view out our window. So different from home.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The view from our room. We ate our picnic lunch on a bench behind the wall in the middle of the picture. A very beautiful lunch bench.
Heart 5 Comment 0
So many amazing little alleys and corridors.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Castle ruins.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Fantastic viewscapes.
Heart 3 Comment 0
This place really deserves its beautiful village of France designation.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 5 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0

Okay, you get the idea. An amazing place. An absolutely amazing place. The weather, which was overcast in the morning was warm and sunny in the afternoon. We walked to Cliousclat, the neighbouring and tiny hilltop village in the sunshine. It is a potter’s village and we visited several studios. I actually bought a tiny, delicate bowl which I am going to hopefully, successfully, carry back to Canada with me. Fingers crossed. At least it is light!

A tractor for Ken G. We are keeping an eye out!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Approaching Cliousclat on foot. The bikes deserved a rest today too.
Heart 3 Comment 0
My wee bowl is much smaller than any of these.
Heart 1 Comment 0
There were so many things I would have loved to take home. The studios were all amazing.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Love the blue.
Heart 2 Comment 0
And if you have paint left over put it on your utility trailer.
Heart 3 Comment 2
Helen StarkMe too. I love blue
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Kathleen ClassenTo Helen StarkWe are really enjoying Provence. We are off to Roussillon today. It is known for its ochre. Should be interesting.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
This farmer may be missing a few cherries. Just saying. They were delicious.
Heart 4 Comment 0
I love horses. Can you tell?
Heart 2 Comment 0
I love Shetland ponies too but Wendy was far too interested in the opportunity to enjoy fresh green grass to pay any attention to me.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Back in Mirmande we found this door. A half door, as it were.
Heart 6 Comment 0
On our way up to our hotel.
Heart 3 Comment 0

What an absolutely fantastic day it has been. We are just back from dinner and so full of wine and unbelievable food that the pictures of our amazing meal will have to wait until the morning. We feel rested and happy and are looking forward to tomorrow. We have veered off our intended track slightly and are loving the deviation. St. Paul Trois Chateaux here we come!  Doesn’t it sound dreamy?

Rate this entry's writing Heart 9
Comment on this entry Comment 4
Steve Miller/GrampiesIf you play your cards right, you will be passing right through Montélimar, which is the nougat capital of the world. And in Montélimar, the best is Suprem' Nougat, 3 Ave St Martin (the main street). Just saying!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Rachael AndersonGlad to see you finally got a rest day. It sounds like you had a fabulous day.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Kathleen ClassenTo Rachael AndersonWe did really need it and it was such a great spot to relax. The weather gods cooperated and ripe cherries were, well, the cherry on top!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Kathleen ClassenTo Steve Miller/GrampiesSuccess! Thanks for the tip 😁.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago