The craziness leading up to this - Planned Spontaneity - CycleBlaze

The craziness leading up to this

Quite a few months ago our good friends, Steve and Dodie Miller (the Grampies), began to encourage us to plan a trip to Europe this summer that would coincide with the end of their next trip to Europe.  In doing so they generously offered to make their e bikes available to us at the end of their trip and the beginning of ours.  (They have friends in Austria who will store the bikes for them at the end of the summer when we are finished with them)

It didn't take much to convince us and Erika had an opportunity to attend a class at a university in Leuven, Belgium for a few days in July, so we discussed some dates and booked our flights.  Steve and Dodie arranged their cycling holiday to end with some overlap so that we could all cycle together for a couple of days around Amsterdam area.  

Things got a little complicated for us when we found an opportunity to buy the perfect house for us in Mill Bay and subsequently put ours up for sale.  With a closing date on the purchase just after we get back from Europe, things have been quite hectic with trying to pack things, keep our current place clean for showing and arrange all the financial stuff.  

Planning the cycling trip got put on hold with nothing really planned except the start, the end and a 5 day period in Leuven 2 weeks after we start.  Hence we are calling this trip "Planned Spontaneity" and if anyone asks me what I have planned, the best answer is "We're planning on being spontaneous:)

Dodie has helped out by planning a great little 2 day trip around the outskirts of Amsterdam and Steve has found a couple more bikes for those 2 days that we can rent while we are with them.

We get by with a lot of help from great friends!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0