Starkey Wilderness to Homosassa - Rose Pedals in Florida - CycleBlaze

January 3, 2022

Starkey Wilderness to Homosassa

Morning light broke through the wilderness. The sunlight illuminating the palmetto palm fronds and pine trees.  The wind blew through the trees as I emerged from the tent. Matt was up before me and offered me a coffee. We needed to pack up soon and get our groceries on ice.

A new day awaits
Heart 0 Comment 0
But first coffee!
Heart 1 Comment 0

As we packed up a few early morning go fast riders zipped past. We soon got on the road on our way up the Suncoast Trail. Headwinds and hunger set in as we made our trek to the convenience store. 

Racetrac pizza, KK donuts and coffee its what's for breakfast as we enter back into society. Lol
Heart 0 Comment 0

Refueled, groceries iced down and ready to get back on the trail, Matt saw a familiar footprint in the pavement. We stopped for a pic and Soon we were back on the Suncoast trail. 

Hmmm lol
Heart 1 Comment 0
When the headwinds are blowing, Rosie says, Choose Happy!!!
Heart 0 Comment 0

Our destination tonight was an Airbnb in Homosassa. We rode to our exit and found a few side streets to lengthen the ride, said noone ever. It was a safer route. We zipped down the first hill and I hit a man hole. Rosie Sparkle Farts flew through the air at her first attempt to fly. We didn't realize she gained her wings until we were unloading our gear at the house.  Matt jumped into action and back tracked until he found her. She hadn't flown very far. Whe Matt found her, he could tell the survival skills he taught her had kicked in.

Rosie was in the middle of building a shelter when Matt found her. She was going to wait it out until we came back for her.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Rachael AndersonGlad you found her. Good job, Matt.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Once found Rosie Sparkle Farts was all smiles and happily rode back in Matt's shirt pocket.
Heart 2 Comment 0

Awaiting their return, I brought in our gear and started dinner. The appetizers and pork stir fry really hit the spot.

A welcome back meal for Rosie and Matt
Heart 1 Comment 0

We all retreated back to our rooms after dinner and closed out the night with updates to our families and followers.

  

Today's ride: 45 miles (72 km)
Total: 90 miles (145 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Rachael AndersonI miss reading your post but I found a post on Matt’s site and it sounds like you are both alive wnd doing well!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Rose Craig-KinnonTo Rachael AndersonHi Rachael,
Thank you for the kind comments!
Keeping up with the blog is challenging after a long day of in the saddle and side adventures!
Will update soon!!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago