8/22/19 - Loleta to Fortuna - Summer 2019 in the Pacific Northwest - CycleBlaze

August 22, 2019

8/22/19 - Loleta to Fortuna

We had drizzling rain all night. Dried off tent and other things with paper napkins as well as possible. We packed up and headed to Fortuna so Rose could have enough cell signal for an important phone call. The ride was short and we were ahead of schedule so went to the library after stopping at the visitor center for some local information. The clouds and fog hung around all morning with plenty of chill in the air. 

While at the library I overheard the a hiker guy asking the lady working there about a good place for lunch. She recommended the Chinese restaurant that was practically next door. Sounded good to me. Rose and I eventually made our way over there for some good hot food and hot tea. 

Cold wind had picked up and of course our camping equipment was still wet and packed away. Getting close to 1pm and with the thought of riding another 30 miles in the wind (although the sun did come out) I searched for some local lodging so we could dry out everything and get refreshed for tomorrow. So that’s today’s update. 

Today's ride: 7 miles (11 km)
Total: 829 miles (1,334 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0